8 Nights / 9 Days
1st Apr to
9th Apr, 2023
Pleasant to cool evenings
Nagaland is our favourite spot to explore for its lush mountains and delightful flora and fauna. As celebrated as it is for its picturesque charm, Nagaland is also about its faithfully conserved customs and heritage. On this trip to Nagaland, not only will we be exploring the sublimely scenic countryside, the magnificent sunrise and sunset, and its dense and verdant flora, but we will also meet the Konyak tribe just in time to celebrate their most awaited festival called “Aoling/ Aoleang”.
Known as the last of the Head Hunters, the Konyaks were known for their head-hunting skills. Even though the practice of head-hunting has been stopped, their traditional way of festive celebration and lifestyle is still the same and unique. The colourful dresses, food, rice wine and meat preparations are the main components of the festival Aoleang.
We land in Dibrugarh and then head to Mon, the home of the Konyak tribe. We spend time in various Mon villages, meeting the retired Konyak Head-hunter King and warriors of the past and listening to their stories of the times when headhunting was still in practice.
We participate in feasting and dancing at the most important festival of the Konyaks. A once is a lifetime experience, as this isn’t just a performance put up at something like the Hornbill Festival; this is a truly authentic experience Then we move on to Mokokchung, the abode of the Ao Nagas who possess a folk literature of their own. And we end this journey at Kohima, where we visit the State Museum, the World War II cemetery and the Kisama Heritage Village. We also visit Asia’s first green village – Khonoma, known for its forests and unique form of agriculture.
Accompany us on this enthralling romp to the Switzerland of the East!
- Experience the Aoleang festival in the land of the Mon Tribe.
- Interact with real life Konyak Head hunters
- Visit the Biggest village of Aao Tribe
- Visit Khonoma, the first Green Village of Asia
- Sample local food
- Travel in a small group of 8-9 people
– Dibrugarh – Mon Village, Nagaland
– Mon Village
– Mon Village – Longwa
– Mon Village – Mokokchung
– Mokokchung – Kohima
– Kohima – Khonoma
– Dimapur Airport
Twin sharing – Rs. 81000 /head (based on 4 pax to a car + driver)
Supplement: Rs. 7000 / head (based on 3 pax to a car + driver)
Single room supplement – Rs 21000 (one spot)
WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
- Please pay Rs 5,000 as a booking deposit to reserve your spot
- Balance payment due 2nd January 2023
- 90% refund for trip cancelled 60 days prior to the trip start date
- 75% refund for trip cancelled 35 – 45 days prior to the start date
- No refund for tour cancelled within 35 days of the start date as the hotel cancellation policy does not allow for it
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Permits for Nagaland
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport using SUV
- A local guide accompanying the tour
- Entrance fee to all the sites mentioned as a part of the itinerary
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Air fare
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Excess stay & meals due to bad weather conditions or strikes, resulting in delay of flights or any other form of transport.
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above