7 Nights / 8 Days
1st Dec to
8th Dec, 2023
Pleasant Days / Cold Evenings
With thousands of pagodas that glisten in gold to entire villages that float on a lake, Myanmar – intriguing, alluring and majestic – is one of the most astonishing places on the planet. It’s no wonder that Kipling called it “quite unlike any place you know about”!
If you’re looking for a unique experience outside of the box that you won’t get elsewhere in the world, you’ll find it here. Come join a small group of- minded travellers as we discover the treasures of a country that’s still hidden away from the outside world on a 7-day getaway.
We’ll dive into the smells, sights, colour and hustle-bustle of Yangon, the social, economic and cultural capital of Myanmar! We will visit iconic temples, pagodas and palaces, such as the world’s largest reclining Buddha and the famous Grand Shwedagon Pagoda that’s covered with more gold than Bappi Lahiri. And we’ll also get to understand and experience life as a local, by rubbing shoulders with Burmese locals as they shop in a local market for their weekly groceries, clothes, as well as gold, silver, diamonds and sapphires.
Next, feel like Indiana Jones in Bagan. With over 4440 pagodas, whichever one you’re looking at, you see a thousand more over its shoulder. The delight here lies in discovery – each pagoda has its own personality and its own story; one has tiles that depict the Jataka tales, and another allegedly contains a bone and tooth of Gautama Buddha; a thrill for the Indiana-esque at heart.
To cap this journey of unique sights and sensations, we’ll visit the watery world of Inle Lake. There is honestly no place like this. Here, Intha fishermen punt boats with one leg wrapped around a paddle, and villagers grow tomatoes in floating rice paddies and buy their weekly groceries at a floating market. A truly one-of-a-kind way of life.
There are so many experiences awaiting you in Myanmar. It’s a country that fuels your emotions, stimulates your senses and stays in your soul for years to come.
Then, let the adventure continue in Cambodia! Join us for 4 days in Siem Reap where you will truly feel like a legendary explorer as you head deep into the thick Cambodian jungles and explore ancient and incredible stone
- The Great Shwedagon Pagoda: Bling meets Buddhism at this pagoda, the most sacred site in Myanmar. Completely covered in gold, the pagoda’s main central dome alone is plated with nearly 22,000 solid gold bars and encrusted by 7,000 diamonds, rubies, topaz and sapphires. It is guaranteed to leave you standing there, mouth open, and eyes wide in wonder.
- Bagan: Marco Polo described it as “one of the finest sights in the world” and once you arrive, you’ll see why. With over 4440 pagodas on the plains of Bagan and thousands of smiling Buddhas – waving, sitting, reclining and encrusted with jewels, quiet villages, and gracious, friendly locals, it’s impossible not to feel like you’re in an adventure here.
- Inle Lake: Get a glimpse of life as a local in one of the most unique places in the world: a community that lives entirely on the lake. Here, locals live in stilt houses, tend to their vegetable gardens on the lake, and go about their daily business aboard a fleet of small teak boats. Famous leg-rowing fishermen
use one leg to propel their boats and catch fish with their nets. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more captivating lake in Myanmar…or anywhere else for that matter.
- Yangon: This city of the land of gilded pagodas and smiling people remains a world apart. From elegant pagodas and larger-than-life Buddha statues to red-robed monks and grannies smoking cheroot cigars, and through it all the friendliness of lovely Burmese people, it is a sensory delight.
- Stay in central 4-star/5-star hotels: Enjoy the comfort and luxury of staying in handpicked premium 4/5* hotels during your Yangon getaway. The hotels are in central locations that provide easy access to popular local attractions, business districts, and shopping streets, and come with top-notch amenities
and the finest hospitality, making your journey truly exceptional and worry-free.
- Travel in a small group (capped at 12): Be part of an intimate group of like-minded travellers that enable you to more easily form friendships and share experiences that can last a lifetime. You’ll have ample opportunities to bond with fellow travellers, look out for each other, share stories on the road, and create cherished memories together.
– Yangon Arrival and Relax
– Feel the pulse of Yangon
– On the temple trail in Bagan
– Bagan off the beaten track
– Drive to Inle
– Inle Lake – Indein
– Back to Yangon
– Head on home or adventure to Cambodia!
- Rs. 165,000 head on a twin-sharing basis (inclusive of 5% GST)
- Rs. 44,000 – single supplement
- Rs. 10000 off for the first two spots
- Rs. 5000 off for the next two spots
- Rs. 2500 off till the 15th of July
- Please pay INR 20,000 as a booking deposit to reserve your spot
- Balance payment due by 15th September
- Complete refund if cancelled 120 days prior to the actual trip
- 120 days – 90 days – Booking amount non-refundable, a complete refund for the balance
- 90 days – 60 days – 75% refund of the total amount
- 60 days – 30 days – 25% refund of the total amount
- 30 days – 0 days – no refund
- We need a minimum of 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- Please check flight timings with us before booking.
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Two domestic flights included in the itinerary
- All transport as mentioned
- Entrance fees to all sights included
- Guided sightseeing as mentioned
- Tips for guide and driver
- Services of a WeGoBond trip lead throughout the trip
- International Flight
- TCS between 5% – 20% depending on your international expenditure
(This will be deposited under your PAN card and can be claimed when you file your ITR)
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, land blocks, bad weather, etc.