7 Nights / 8 Days
23rd Mar to
30th Mar, 2024
Pleasant days & cool evenings
(Kaziranga, Shillong, Cherrapunjee)
Meghalaya – the aptly named “abode of the clouds” – is a series of hill ranges running east to west named after the tribes that live there; the Jaintia Hills, the Khasi Hills and the Garo Hills. These forest-covered ranges (tropical jungle in the lower reaches yielding to pine higher up) separate Assam’s Brahmaputra Valley from the plains of Bangladesh.
Atop the Khasi Hills sits the Shillong Plateau, a cool, wet, pine-fresh, undulating tableland that ends in dramatic limestone cliffs towering above the plains of Sylhet in modern-day Bangladesh. But before we begin this adventure, we embark on a journey to the Kaziranga National Park. Situated in Assam, Kaziranga, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985, has the horned Rhinoceros, elephants, wild water buffaloes, and swamp deer, and not to forget the mighty Brahmaputra that flows through it.
Spend some time in the capital Shillong, a city that at first glance resembles any untidy & unplanned Indian hill station – however one that still retains its colonial-era charm in pockets, and one with a vibe & ambience that is unlike any of its peers in the rest of India.
Visit one of the wettest places on earth Sohra (formerly Cherrapunjee) and trek to nearby villages connected only by bridges fashioned from the living, aerial roots of the banyan tree.
We stay at comfortable properties all through.
Join us for a Walk in the Clouds
- Visit Pynter-traditional Khasi Village
- Visit several living Roots bridges
- Visit Mawphlang-Sacred Forest
- Stay at well-appointed comfortable properties.
- Small group of 8 – 12 ladies only
- Visit some caves and magnificent waterfalls around Cherrapunjee
– Guwahati – Kaziranga
– Kaziranga – Shillong
– Shillong – Riwai – Sohra
– Cherrapunjee – Double Decker Roots bridge
– Cherrapunjee – Shillong
– Shillong – Guwahati
- Rs. 77,500/ head on a twin-sharing basis (including 5% GST)
- Single supplement – Rs. 12,000
EARLY BIRD OFFERS:
- Rs. 2500 off for bookings till the 2nd of December, 2023
- We need a minimum of 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- Please pay Rs. 10, 000 as a booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 27th January 2024
- Up to 90 days – Full refund
- 90 days – 60 days – 5000 non-refundable
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis
- GST at 5%
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Guwahati (Innova. 4 people to a car + driver)
- Tours with local guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fee to all the sites
Two Jeep Safaris at Kaziranga National Park
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Train/air fare.
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and drivers or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item/services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, land blocks, bad weather, etc.