3 Nights / 4 Days
16th Feb to
19th Feb, 2023
Pleasant to cold mornings / evenings
Banaras, Varanasi, Kashi-the many names of one of the oldest “living” cities in the world. Situated on the banks of the Ganga, it has remained continuously inhabited, never been abandoned, just changed hands and absorbed and evolved with the several influences that came its way.
An ancient town and a sacred city for Hindus, Varanasi has a young vibe, despite its undoubtedly strong religious persona. Death is a way of life in this holy place for Hindus and yet, there’s an energy coursing through every narrow ramshackle lane- vibrant street art, delicious street food and an acceptance that celebrates life and death as the inevitable. Albus Dumbledore would have approved of it- “To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” Our particular adventures will involve walking through the winding lanes of this city and discovering eclectic street art rubbing shoulders with age old temples; temples-Kashi Vishwanath and Sankat Mochan, as well as a trip to Sarnath-where Gautam Buddha preached his first sermon.
We will sample the sumptuous but flavourful fare on our walks and learn about its history through the ages-with varied rulers and regimes and their changes. The spectacular Ganga Arti of course and a visit to the eminent Banaras Hindu University. We also visit Ram Nagar fort and indulge in shopping for the rich and gorgeous Banarsi sarees- a treasure by themselves.
But the best part will be the Ganga herself- her serene presence, taking in her flow the centuries gone past, the gift of the present and the faith of the future. Amidst the clamouring temple bells and the fragrant incense, the boats and the barges, this life-giving force continues on its journey.
Come join us as WegoBanaras.
- Ganga Aarti at Dashaswamedha Ghat
- Guided walks with knowledgeable guides
- A trip to Sarnath
- Boat ride on the Ganges
- Chaat hopping in the by lanes
- Stay in a 5 star hotel
– Varanasi –Sarnath-Varanasi
– Return to home
- Rs. 39900 / head on a twin sharing basis (based on 4 people to a car + driver)
There will always be one person at the middle in the centre – but we keep switching seats)
- Rs. 10000 / for single supplement
Please check train / flight timings with us before booking.
- Please pay Rs 5,000 as booking deposit to reserve your spot
- Balance payment due 15th December 2022.
- Up to 90 days before departure – full refund
- Between 90 days and 75 days – booking deposit is non-refundable
- Between 75 days and 60 days – 50% cancellation charges
- Between 60 days and 30 days – 90% cancellation charges
- No refund thereafter for any cancellation or no-show
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Varanasi (in Innovas.)
- Entrance fee to all sites
- Local guide for the guided sightseeing tours
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Train / air fare
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill-health, flight cancellations etc.