3 Nights / 4 Days
23rd Dec to
26th Dec, 2023
Pleasant to cold mornings / evenings
Banaras, Varanasi, Kashi-the many names of one of the oldest “living” cities in the world. Situated on the banks of the Ganga, it has remained continuously inhabited, never been abandoned, just changed hands and absorbed and evolved with the several influences that came it’s way.
An ancient town and a sacred city for Hindus, Varanasi has a young vibe, despite its undoubtedly strong religious persona. Death is a way of life in this holy place for Hindus and yet, there’s an energy coursing through every narrow ramshackle lane- vibrant street art, delicious street food and an acceptance that celebrates life and death as the inevitable. Albus Dumbledore would have approved of it- “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
Our particular adventures will involve walking through the winding lanes of this city and discovering eclectic street art rubbing shoulders with age-old temples; temples-Kashi Vishwanath and Sankat Mochan, as well as a trip to Sarnath-where Gautam Buddha, preached his first sermon.
We will sample the sumptuous but flavourful fare on our walks and learn about its history through the ages with varied rulers and regimes and their changes. The spectacular Ganga Arti of course and a visit to the eminent Banaras Hindu University. We also visit Ram Nagar fort and indulge in shopping for the rich and gorgeous Banarsi sarees- a treasure by themselves.
But the best part will be the Ganga herself- her serene presence, taking in her flow the centuries gone past, the gift of the present and the faith of the future. Amidst the clamouring temple bells and the fragrant incense, the boats and the barges, this life-giving force continues on its journey.
Come, Join us, as, WegoBanaras
- Ganga Aarti at Dashaswamedha Ghat
- Guided walks with knowledgeable guides
- A trip to Sarnath
- Boat ride on the Ganges
- Chaat hopping in the by lanes
- Stay in a 5-star hotel
– Varanasi – Sarnath – Varanasi
– Check out and head back to homebases.
- Rs. 35000/ head on a twin-sharing basis
(based on 4 people to a car + driver. There will always be one person in the middle in the centre – but we keep switching seats)
- Rs. 10500 single supplement
- Please check train/flight timings with us before booking.
- Please pay Rs. 5,000 as a booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 15th September 2023
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Varanasi (in Innovas.)
- Entrance fee to all sites
- Local guide for the guided sightseeing tours
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and drivers or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item/services not mentioned in the Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, flight cancellations etc.