4 Nights / 5 Days
1st Feb to
5th Feb, 2023
Pleasant days, Cold evenings
For those of us who appreciate Southern India as more than just “madras”, the states have an eclectic mix of offerings to satiate all our senses- sight, sound, smell, taste and touch. History, craft, cuisines and natural beauty abound and co-exist.
Our trip to Mysore and Gudalur covers just that. A sensory exploration and chance to connect with your sixth sense , away from the clamour and noise of your daily trudge- after a brief but rich interaction with grandeur and opulence.
We start with Mysore-half a day there, visiting their grand palaces and edifices and sampling some of the cuisine. We might possibly come by silk and sandalwood too- each an integral part of the refined city.
But then we leave the city behind and travel deep into nature. Having admired the grandeur of man-made edifices, we are soon amidst the nurturing lap of nature. We drive to Gudalur, a town situated at the junction of Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, located in the Nilgiris.
We drive through verdant green hills, wreathed in mist and possibly the relaxing and winding down starts just about then-with the clean, crisp air clearing our minds of daily clutter.
We stay at a high end homestay, surrounded by nature. Fresh, delicious meals amidst the sounds of the forest around and time to just be. You could easily identify 50 shades of green-to say nothing of the musical offering being birdsong and breeze through the day. Leisurely nature walks and a guide identifying your favourite avian performers for you are part of it. Viewing gentle sunsets and a picnic by a waterfall will be the icing to this cake.
Cake, also implies coffee and that is the pièce de résistance of this trip. While Gudalur is home to several tea estates and we will also visit one, it’s the coffee we are going to wake up and smell!
A specially curated Coffee Tour will take you through the fascinating journey of coffee from a beautiful red berry to that versatile invigorating brew of all hours-breakfast to bedtime.
On our Coffee Day, we will head out in the morning with the plantation staff and pick the beans-guided by the expert with us. We then are part of the processing that follows-the roasting and grinding. And finally, our coffee expert will guide us on the many different types of coffee and brewing techniques. What’s more, you can tell all your friends back home about this over coffee you have carried back from this holiday! We look forward to photos of your coffee mornings post this trip!
As for the sixth sense mentioned- the rejuvenating setting, nestled amidst nature and the reviving cup of coffee will heighten that for sure!
- Visit the Mysore Palace for its grand architectural style.
- Spend time in nature with bird tours and nature walks.
- Make your own cup of coffee-from berry to brew-as part of a specially curated coffee tour which takes you through the process of harvesting till brewing.
- Comfortable stays in all the destinations.
- 48900 / head (with 5% GST) on twin sharing basis
- There is a limited inventory so a single supplement is not feasible.
- WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
- We can take 7 people on this trip.
- Please check train / flight timings with us before booking.
- Please pay Rs.5, 000 as booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 15th December 2022
- Complete refund if cancelled 90 days prior to the actual trip
- 90 days – 60 days – Booking amount non-refundable, complete refund for the balance
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Bangalore till 5thh February 2023
- Transport will be in comfortable Innovas with 4 people plus the driver
- The pick up from the airport is a group pick up so there might be a wait while all the members arrive
- Entrance fee to all sites
- Local guide for the guided sightseeing tours
- Specially curated Coffee Tour with an expert from Ruby’s Coffee.
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Train / air fare
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, flight cancellations etc.