5 Nights / 6 Days
23rd Dec to
28th Dec, 2023
Pleasant days and evenings
The splendour and grandeur of South India is unparalleled. In their arts and their architecture as well as craft, their finesse and skill have led to some unique and awe-inspiring edifices in history.
A mix of the traditional and modern, in this trip down South, we foray into the depths of Tamil Nadu.
We land at Madurai and sample some delicious street food.
Catch an awe-inspiring sunrise at the Meenakshi Temple, before the crowds descend.
As travellers, we’re often looking for undiscovered gems, looking to fly under the tourism radar. Our next port of call, Karaikudi, is the perfect answer.
Karaikudi, a group of 76 villages, is known for its famed Chettinad mansions – built by the incredibly prosperous and wealthy Nattukottai Chettiars in the 19th century. Just looking at or admiring these mansions from afar will do your trip no justice.
This is why this trip has organised a stay at one of the impossibly luxurious mansions for you to experience first-hand the sumptuous lifestyle, heritage and luxury of the Chettiar merchants. There is no better way of seeing Karaikudi than by getting pampered at one of the storied mansions you’ve only ever heard or read about.
Our next stop is Kumbakonam- home to two UNESCO World Heritage sites. The Great Living Chola Temples, at Thanjavur, Gangaikonda Cholapuram and Darasuram were built by the Cholas between the 10th and 12th centuries CE. The Cholas were great patrons of arts and architecture and constructed grand monuments and temples.
And then we end at Rameswaram, Together with Varanasi, it is considered to be one of the holiest places in India for Hindus and is part of the Char Dham pilgrimage.
Our itinerary is extensive but not exhausting. We stay in luxurious, heritage properties and enjoy all the grandeur and magnificence of the state.
Join We Go Bond for an unforgettable holiday to this unforgettable destination.
- Exclusive hotel stays
(a 5-star in Madurai and beautiful heritage properties in Karaikudi and Kumbakonam)
- Street Food tour in Madurai
- Dinners befitting royalty!
- Visit Meenakshi temple at Sunrise, and the Tanjore temple at dusk
- Visit the beautiful Chola temples at Gangaikonda Cholapuram and Darasuram
- Visit the temple at Rameswaram and Dhanukshkodi
- Eat some lip-smacking delicious local cuisine
- Travel in a small group of 8 – 12 ladies only
– Land in Madurai and transfer to the hotel
– Transfer to Kumbakonam via Tanjore
– Kumbakonam – Karaikudi
– Karaikudi / Kanadukathan
– Drive back to Madurai and drop at Madurai Airport
- Twin sharing basis – Rs. 69,900/ head (Including 5% GST and 5% TCS)
- Single Supplement – Rs. 35,000 (Including 5% GST and 5% TCS)
EARLY BIRD OFFERS:
- Rs. 5000- off on the first two spots only
- Rs. 2500 if booked by 15th September
- Please pay Rs. 10,000 as a booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 1st October, 2023
- Complete refund if cancelled 90 days prior to the actual trip
- 90 days – 60 days – Booking amount non-refundable, complete refund for the balance
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of the total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of the total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of the total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Madurai
- Guided Tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a WeGoBond trip lead throughout the trip. Local guide for the excursions
- Train/airfare to Chennai/From Madurai
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and drivers or portages
- Travel Insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Personal expenses include laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item/services not mentioned in the Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill health, land blocks, bad weather, etc.