4 Nights / 5 Days
24th Sep to
28th Sep, 2022
Pleasant Days, Cool Evenings
Loosely translated “Chhattisgarh” means 36 forts or strongholds – but historically this was never proven as the area did not have as many forts!! The “Full of Surprises” state is home to the country’s widest waterfalls, caves, lush green forests, ancient monuments, rare wildlife, exquisitely carved temples, and hill plateaus. The state has 44% of forest cover with 32% of tribal population.
Chhattisgarh is therefore like a homing beacon for nature enthusiasts & those who wish to explore unique tribal arts, crafts and traditions. For centuries its tribal communities have played a pivotal role in nurturing and protecting the natural habitat through their eco-friendly practices. Chhattisgarh offers everything to an avid traveller – art, heritage, handicrafts, cuisine, fairs and more.
Bastar’s innate charm is its vibrant culture and way of living. During the monsoon (when we visit) the forest is lush, green and in full bloom. There are waterfalls all around, which is both soothing and exhilarating. We dive straight into the Chitrakote waterfalls on day one. Starting on that enthralling note, we go on to interacting with the village folk and get a glimpse into their traditions which are reflected amply in their clothes, ornaments and way of living. Their weekly market is a kaleidoscope of colour, bustling and buzzing, where news and gossip is exchanged in the midst of buying and bartering with goods -metal implements, trinkets, vegetables, to home made mahua liquor or fermented rice beer served in leaf cups. The local “haat” is the heart of the small community. Next day we take you to the National Park where you will see another jaw dropping wonder of nature – the Tirathgarh waterfalls. Later you will see the local craft – Bastar Belmetal – using an age old technique.
A couple of gorgeous hours on the road gets us to one of the Shakti Peeths in Dantewada.
Of course our trip isn’t complete without a trip to the museum & some shopping to take back some of Chhattisgarh with you.
The state is full of surprises and so is our trip – come; join WeGoBond for this truly memorable experience, where nature and the old ways still reign supreme!!
- Visit just at the fag end of the monsoons to take in Bastar and its waterfalls in all their glory
- Visit to Tribal Villages
- Sample local cuisine
- Lovely, easy walks with breath taking views
- Stay in a comfortable Chattisgarh Tourism property overlooking the Chitrakote falls
Arrive at Jagdalpur Airport from Hyderabad.
- Rs 44900/ head on twin sharing basis
- Rs 52600/ head on single supplement (limited rooms available as single)
- WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
(Excludes flight from Hyderabad to Jagdalpur and Back)
- We need minimum 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- There is one flight to Jagdalpur daily from Hyderabad
- Departure from Hydrerabad – 10:45 am daily
- Return from Jagdalpur – 16:00 daily
- The Cost is roughly Rs 6000 return.
- There is one flight daily from Raipur too
- Departure from Raipur – 14:25 am daily
- Return from Jagdalpur – 12:50 daily
- The cost is Rs 4300 or so return
(Different fight connections will work from different cities.Will discuss at the time of booking)
- There is only one decent property to stay at in Chattisgarh – the one we are staying in. They only have double beds (no twin)
- Please pay Rs.5, 000 as booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 14th August
- Booking amount non-refundable (as room inventory limited)
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- GST at 5%
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Jagdalpur Airport (4 people to a car + driver)
- Tours with local guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Entrance fee to all sites
- Train / air fare.
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, land blocks, bad weather, etc.