7 Nights / 8 Days
4th Jun to
11th Jun, 2022
Pleasant Days, Cold Evenings
Himachal Pradesh, India
Every summer, heat-maddened hordes invade Himachal Pradesh and convert Solan & Simla, Kullu & Manali into traffic-jammed, rubbish strewn, overcrowded and sweat stained clones of the towns and cities they have left behind on the plains. Is there some hope in this man-made hell, you may wonder?
The answer is a resounding YES! For a day’s drive due east from Simla (and sufficiently far away from it to deter all but the most determined summer holidayer) is the fabled region of Kinnaur – a land of blue skies, soaring peaks, deep valleys, apple orchards, chilgoza forests, inhabitants who don’t lend to easy classification and most of all – genuine peace and soul-calming solitude far, far from the madding crowd.
We will explore the valleys of the Satluj, the Spiti and the Baspa and visit places with names that were once synonymous with long vanished mountain kingdoms that controlled trade & travel between India and Tibet but are now all but forgotten – Rampur-Bushahr, Rekong Peo, Kalpa, Sangla, Pooh and Nako.
This trip will be a mixture of drives (some long, others not so), daytime hikes to take in the gorgeous views and lots of relaxing, chatting, reading; whatever be your personal preference. The home stays we picked are set in the lap of nature – comfort & luxury amid mountains, valleys, pine trees, forests.
- Narkanda, is deep in apple country and on the slopes of the highest mountain in the region – Hatu Peak.
- In the beautiful Sangla Valley, watered by the fast flowing Baspa River, you will glimpse of Lord Shiva’s winter abode – the 20,000 foot Kinner Kailash.
- Further up the Sangla Valley is heavenly Chitkul, the last inhabited village on this particular side-road to the Tibet border.
- The charming Kalpa is surrounded by groves of Chilgoza-Pine and offering unmatched views of the Satluj Valley, Kinner Kailash and its surrounding peaks.
- At nearly 12,000 feet, Nako will be quite literally the highpoint of your journey and shall take your breath away. It is an old Kinnauri village built around a small but picturesque lake.
Reach Chandigarh by 11:30 am. Drive to Narkanda
Narkhanda – Saharan – Sangla
Sangla – Chitkul – Sangla
Sangla – Kalpa – Pooh
Pooh – Nako
Nako – Narkhanda
Narkhanda – Chandigarh
- Rs 59900/head on a twin-sharing basis
- Rs 16500 on Single supplement
- Early bird offer Rs. 2500 off for bookings received by the 15th of March
- WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
- We need minimum 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- Depending on the prevailing weather conditions closer to the travel date, there could be some changes to the itinerary with respect to routes. However, these will be intimated in advance, before the actual trip.
- Please check train / flight timings with us before booking.
- Please pay Rs.5,000 as booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 30th April, 2022.
- Complete refund if cancelled 90 days prior to the actual trip
- 90 days – 60 days – Booking amount non refundable, complete refund for the balance
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a Twin sharing basis
- GST at 5%
- All meals as mentioned
- All transport ex Chandigarh (in Xylos or Innovas and 4 people to a car plus driver)
- Walks and visits with local guides as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of a trip lead from Wonderful World throughout the trip
- Train / air fare to Chandigarh
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Entrance fee to any site (though most are free)
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, land blocks, bad weather, etc.