5 Nights / 6 Days
1st Nov to
6th Nov, 2022
Pleasant Days, Cold Nights
Madhya Pradesh, India
The Chhatris (cenotaphs), right on the banks of the Betwa River, living monuments which pay respect to Orchha’s past royalty, will take your breath away.
Khajuraho of course needs no introduction.
Gwalior-home to history and spirituality with its mix of majestic forts and myriad temples, this erstwhile Princely state of the Scindias was also a hub of the revolt of 1857.
Madhya Pradesh, studded with gems has us coming back for more.
Orchha & Khajuraho akin to big outdoor museums will have you immersed in the town’s history and stories.
Orchha State was a kingdom situated in the Bundelkhand region and later a princely state in British India. It traces its ancestry back to the 16th century when it was built by King Rudra Pratap Singh of Bundela dynasty. Orchha quickly became of importance because of the impressive and opulent fort that was built there during his reign.
It is steeped in history and is famous for its palaces and temples built in the 16th and 17th centuries. The architectural splendour of the monuments reflect the glory of its rulers. One of the attractions is the Betwa River, on whose banks Orchha lies, and the forests that surround it.
What’s remarkable about Orchha is that, compared to other Indian towns and cities, it remains largely the same as its original formation. The town has a distinct medieval aura that woos you with its charm. Sure, modern daily life swirls around the town, but the building blocks of the town are clearly and delightfully historical.
Of course the name Khajuraho conjures up many images in your mind!! The Khajuraho Group of Monuments are a group of Hindu and Jain temples designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The temples are famous for their nagara-style architectural symbolism and their erotic sculptures. Built during the Chandela dynasty, only about 20 temples remain, striking a perfect balance between architecture and sculpture.
When these monuments were built, the boys in the place lived in hermitages, by being brahmcharis (bachelor) until they attained manhood and these sculptures helped them to learn about the worldly role of ‘householder’.
The trip ends at Gwalior- a modern city, historically rich in its evolution and people-from the magnificent Fort to a temple similar to the Sun Temple.
Join WeGoBond with an open heart and mind and prepare to be simply swept away.
- Visiting heritage cities which have maintained the vibe of the century of their birth.
- Breathing in the unique architectural style of monuments, palaces, temples & forts.
- Sound & light show in all three cities
- Comfortable, luxurious stays in all the cities
(Gwalior / Jhansi)– Orchha
Orchha – Khajuraho
Gwalior / Jhansi
- 52500 / head (with 5% GST) on twin sharing basis
- 69000 / head on single supplement
- Early Bird offer – save Rs. 2000 by booking before the 15th of July 2022
- WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
- We need minimum 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- Please check train / flight timings with us before booking.
- Please pay Rs.5, 000 as booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 1st October 2022
- Complete refund if cancelled 90 days prior to the actual trip
- 90 days – 60 days – Booking amount non-refundable, complete refund for the balance
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Gwalior/Jhansi
- Entrance fee to all sites
- Local guide for the guided sightseeing tours
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Train / air fare
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, flight cancellations etc