6 Nights / 7 Days
5th Nov to
11th Nov, 2022
Pleasant Days, Cool Evenings
Nagaland - Manipur, India
The seven sisters of the North East hold a special charm for us and we are always delighted to add to trips that take you and us travelling there.
We did an exhaustive trip of the remote corners of Nagaland last November and now we are very happy to bring you a combination of the highlights of the two states – Nagaland and Manipur!
Our 7 day journey starts with you landing into Dimapur, from where we make our way to Kohima.
Nagaland is a largely mountainous state with more than 20% of its area covered in wooded forest, rich in flora, fauna. The Nagas form more than 16 tribes of which, The Konyaks are the largest tribe, followed by the Aos, Tangkhuls, Semas, and Angamis. Each tribe has its own customs and traditions and much like the Scottish tartan, each tribe has a distinct weave for its shawls and the social status of the person wearing it also can be discerned through the weave – this is well documented at the State Musuem
We will get an insight into the tribal life of the Naga people with a visit to Khonoma and Kisama. Sample some local cuisine, visit local markets and visit a small wildlife sanctuary. A short trek to really take in the Naga hills and forests will be a befitting end to Nagaland before we head to Imphal in Manipur
Manipur, to the south of Nagaland is beautiful with picturesque landscapes with misty hills, gleaming lakes, lush green valleys, splashing rivers and carpeted with dense forests. It is Home to the largest fresh water Lake, Loktak; the unique feature of this lake is the floating mass of land called “Phumdis” on which there is human and faunal habitation. Imphal, the capital has a blend of historic, tribal and modern sights and we visit the highlights
Join us to make your acquaintance of these sisters…
- Visit to Khonoma, India’s first green Village, in Nagaland
- A traditional home stay meal at Khonoma
- Visit Kisama Heritage village in Nagaland
- Short Trek in Pulie Badze, a Wild Life Sanctuary in Nagaland
- Visit Kangla Fort, and Andro village in Imphal
- Spend a day on Loktak Lake
- Stay in the comfortable, up market properties in both Kohima and Imphal.
- Travel in a small group of 8 -12 pax
Dimapur to Kohima
Kohima – Khonoma
Kohima to Imphal
- Rs. 69900/ head (including 5% GST)
- Early Bird Offer – Rs. 1500 off- for bookings till the 15th of July
- Single supplement – Rs. 29900 (including 5% GST)
- WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
- We need minimum 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- Please check train / flight timings with us before booking.
- Please pay Rs.5,000 as booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 6th September 2021
- Complete refund if cancelled 90 days prior to the actual trip
- 90 days – 60 days – Booking amount non refundable, complete refund for the balance
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in hotels mentioned in the itinerary
- GST at 5%
- Meals as mentioned
- Transportation using Innova (4 people to a vehicle plus driver)
- Boating in Loktak Lake
- Entrance fee to all sights
- Permits for Nagaland
- Local guides for the excursions
- Services of a WeGoBond Trip lead throughout the trip
- Meals not mentioned
- Excess stay & meals due to bad weather conditions or strikes, resulting in delay of flights or any other form of transport.
- Soft drink charges, table drinks, bottled water, laundry, cigarettes, telephone expenses, and liquor charges
- Tips for Guides and driver
- Any other item not mentioned in “Cost Includes” section above