5 Nights / 6 Days
24th Sep to
29th Sep, 2022
Pleasant days cool evenings
Meghalaya – the aptly named “abode of the clouds” – is a series of hill ranges running east to west that are named after the tribes that live there; the Jaintia Hills, the Khasi Hills and the Garo Hills. These forest covered ranges (tropical jungle in the lower reaches yielding to pine higher up) separate Assam’s Brahmaputra Valley from the plains of Bangladesh. Atop the Khasi Hills sits the Shillong Plateau, a cool, wet, pine-fresh, undulating tableland that ends in dramatic limestone cliffs towering above the plains of Sylhet in modern day Bangladesh.
We have picked September for our holiday as the rains will be petering out by then, and the hills will be lush green.
Spend some time in the capital Shillong, a city that at first glance resembles any untidy & unplanned Indian hill station – however one that still retains its colonial era charm in pockets, and one with a vibe & ambience that is unlike any of its peers in the rest of India.
Visit one of the wettest places on earth Sohra (formerly Cherrapunjee) and trek to nearby villages connected only by bridges fashioned from the living, aerial roots of the banyan tree.
We stay at comfortable properties all through.
Join us for a Walk in the Clouds
WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
- Visit Pynter-traditional Khasi Village
- Visit several living roots bridges
- Visit Mawphlang-Sacred Forest
- Stay at well-appointed comfortable properties.
- Travel Comfortably in a Small Group
- Visit some caves and magnificent waterfalls around Cherrapunjee
– Guwahati – Shillong
– Shillong – Riwai – Pynter
– Cherrapunjee – Double Decker Roots Bridge
– Cherrapunjee – Shillong
– Shillong – Guwahati
- Rs 63500/ head on twin sharing basis
- Rs 20000/ head on a single supplement
- Early Bird Offer- Rs 3000/- if booked by 20th May 2022
- We need minimum 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- Please pay Rs.5, 000 as booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 14th July
- Booking amount non-refundable (as room inventory limited)
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- GST at 5%
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Guwahati (Innova. 4 people to a car + driver)
- Tours with local guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fee to all the sites
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Train / air fare.
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, land blocks, bad weather, etc.