8 Nights / 9 Days
3rd Dec to
11th Dec, 2022
Pleasant mornings / Cool evenings
We are thrilled to bring the second edition of our trip to Odisha…..and even happier that it coincides with the amazing Konark Dance Festival and the International Sand Art Festival.
Odisha, abundantly gifted with natural flora & fauna, and home to unique temple architecture, has lovingly ensured its ancient arts & crafts culture endures and thrives to this day. Our deep dive into the state has a bit of everything – a
peek into the capital city, an exploration of the ancient Puri and Konark (and its heritage villages), lake rides, crocodile spotting, visits to textile centres, palaces and more.
We start with some temple hopping in Bhubaneswar. No trip to Odisha would be complete without paying a visit to the Lord Jagannath temple, at Puri. We splurge on Pattachitra paintings at a Craft village – Raghurajpur.
We visit Puri where we continue our temple run with the Konark Sun Temple; a of its kind temple dedicated to the Sun God. To add to that, we spend the evening being part of the biggest cultural event in the state- The Konark Dance Festival. Leading exponents and dance enthusiasts of the classical dance forms India-including Odissi, Bharatanatyam, Manipuri, Kathakali, Kathaka, Kuchipudi and Sattriya take part in the festival.
The International Sand Art Festival is organised at Chandrabhaga Beach, Konark on the same days. The soft golden sands are sculpted into various magnificent forms. Wood, stone, bronze and other attractions are added to
We go on to Chilika; the largest brackish water lagoon in the world and visit two parts of the same – Satpada with its dolphins and Mangaljodi, with its treasure trove of migratory birds.
A tour of Bhitarkanika National Park is the icing on the cake – a biodiverse, wide and dense mangrove forest and crocodile reserve.
In the absence of a good mid-range, we have selected some of the best hotels in the state for our journey.
Come join WeGoBond as we explore a relatively untouched state, with an eclectic mix of activities and experiences.
- Sound and Light shows at Dhauli Peace Pagoda
- Visit to one of the 4 remaining Yogini temples in India
- Visit the craft villages at Raghurajpur and Nuapatana
- Boat Ride on the Chilika and Bird Watching at Mangalajodi
- Stay at Bhitarkarnika National Park, a Mangrove Forest
- Stay at the Blue Flag beach at Puri – at Mayfair beach Resort
- Visit the Sand Art fair at Chandrabagha
- Travel in a small group
– Bhubaneshwar – Puri
– Puri – Raghurajpur – Puri
– Puri – Satpada – Chilika
– Chilika – Mangalajodi – Bhitarkarnika
– Bhitarkanika – Dhenkanal
– Dhenkanal – Nuapatna – Dhokra village and Bhubaneshwar
– Time permitting – visit the State Museum at Bhubaneshwar before heading back home.
- Rs. 86,900/ head on twin sharing basis
- Rs. 1,16,900/ on single room supplement
- Super Early Bird Offer – Rs. 5000/- for the first two spots
- Early Bird Offer – Rs. 2500/- if booked by 15th July 2022
- Please pay Rs. 5,000 as a booking deposit to confirm your spot.
- Balance payment due by 1st October 2022
- Complete refund if cancelled 90 days prior to the actual trip
- 90 days – 60 days – Booking amount non-refundable, complete refund for the balance
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- 5% GST
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transport ex Bhubaneshwar (4 people to an Innova + driver)
- Tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a trip lead from WeGoBond throughout the trip
- Entrance fee to sites as part of the itinerary
- Train / air fare to Bhubaneswar
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / Snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in Inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like illhealth, land blocks, bad weather, etc.