3 Nights / 4 Days
3rd Mar to
6th Mar, 2023
Pleasant Days, Cold Nights
Tamil Nadu, India
Puducherry is a city of contradictions. From the firmly traditional saris and dhotis of the Aayyas (grandmas) and the Thathas (grandpas), the popular and modern café culture of the French, to the bohemian, and enigmatic lifestyle of the folks at Auroville … there is a little bit of something for everyone. Everyone who comes to Puducherry finds a place, everyone fits in—possibly why Puducherry still has such a magnetic hold over people’s imagination.
In Puducherry, we will visit the historical French Quarter, where quaint French houses can still be found on gorgeous tree-lined avenues, and the streets still have French names.
A couple of hours away, we will go on a on a magical journey through the Pitchvaram Mangrove Forest. Known to be the world’s second largest mangrove, after the Sunderbans, the Pitchvaram Mangrove Forest spreads over 1,100 hectares before joining the Bay of Bengal.
The Nataraj Temple in Chidambaram, one of the five holiest places to worship Lord Shiva and known to be one of the oldest active Chola temples is our next stop.
Any trip to Puducherry would be incomplete without a trip to the hallowed grounds of Auroville!! Having caused waves when it was first founded in the 60s for its principles of peace and humanity, Auroville still beguiles people and crowds of tourists throng to it every year.
After living the bohemian life, we end our holiday with a visit to Mahabalipuram to see the ancient shore temple, the panch rathas, and other rock carvings. Make sure to keep some extra room in your bags for a little shopping at the local leather stores before heading back to Chennai.
Our itinerary promises to be a fun, relaxed one where you chill out or move at a slightly more frenetic pace and ‘do Puducherry’.
The choice is yours.
We will stay at a charming 19th century colonial heritage guesthouse located in the French Quarter with oodles of character. It’s a small property and will have mainly our guests.
Join We Go Bond for an unforgettable holiday to this unforgettable destination.
- Stay in a Luxurious Heritage Villa
- A complete Mangrove Experience
- 5-6 hours of personalized Auroville Experience
– Chennai – Puducherry
– Puducherry – Chennai
- Twin sharing basis – Rs 38500 (inclusive of 5% GST)
- Single room basis – Rs 47000 (inclusive of 5% GST)
(Transport should be. Innova – 4 people to a car + driver)
- WeGoBond shall reschedule the Trip or any activity in the event of Force Majeure which includes, any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, strike, picket, pandemic, epidemic, lockdowns, lock-out or other form of industrial action or threatened industrial action or other cause, including any mechanical, electronic, or communications failure. In this event we will only be able to issue a credit note for the trip and request you to reschedule the same trip.
- We need minimum 7 confirmations to do this tour.
- Please check train / flight timings with us before booking.
- Please pay INR 5000 as a booking deposit to reserve your spot
- Balance payment due 25th January 2023.
- Complete refund if cancelled 90 days prior to the actual trip
- 90 days – 60 days – Booking amount non-refundable, complete refund for the balance
- 60 days – 50 days – 75% refund of total amount
- 50 days – 30 days – 25% refund of total amount
- 30 days – 15 days – 10% refund of total amount
- 15 days – 0 – no refund
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis
- Transportation as mentioned in the itinerary with 4 people to a car (pick-up from and drop off at Chennai airport)
- (Transport should be. Innova – 4 people to a car + driver)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance to all sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Guide for the Heritage Walk
- Guide for Chidambaram Temple Guide for Pichavaram Mangrove Forest
- Services of a trip lead from We Go Bond throughout the trip
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary. (There are many places to eat in the French Quarter, so you have the flexibility to try what you like, but we can certainly suggest some places)
- Train / air fare to Chennai
- Any beverages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, including bottled water at meals / snacks
- Telephone calls
- Tips for guides and driver or portages
- Travel insurance
- Any meal not mentioned above
- Entrance fee to any site (though most are free)
- Any personal expenses, such as laundry, phone calls, portage, etc.
- Any other item / services not mentioned in inclusions above
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill‐health, land blocks, bad weather, etc.